Juliet S. Ventures: A secret Behind the Successful Story of The Graphic Production Outfit


                          Image result for small but great business images

#Business

Contrary to the thinking of many, success is not measured only in terms of millions of Naira or dollars. It is a complete whole and there is never a time in your quest for success that you should feel to have arrived. In fact, many business experts believe that success is a long journey, not a destination.

If we all agree with the above logic, then this young man Ajibode Ilori, the CEO of Juliet S. Ventures has met with success.

On the blog today, I am going to share Ajibode Ilori’s successful story with you. In the interview granted by him, Ilori bares his mind on the graphic business, challenges, and many others things that made an indelible impact on people and organizations. 

Apart from being a Nigerian, this graphic artist has delivered quality services to many and inching toward his goal. I present you below an excerpt of his juicy tale to awaken the giant within you.

Q: What led you into establishing Juliet S. Ventures, a graphic production outfit?
A: By the grace of God I am a trained graphic production expert, specializing in colour separation, corporate planning, light packaging, and general printing. I was into business with my brother then some misunderstanding cropped up. I then decided not to do joint work with anybody at all. More so, throughout my stay in the business, I did not realize much, I then said to myself that it was time to quit.

So in the nutshell, I decided to set up my own firm knowing fully well that I have the expertise and that delaying is dangerous. Precisely on the 27th of March, 1995, I established Juliet S. Ventures.

Q: When you started, what particular problem did you have and how did you surmount it?
A: I didn’t have any person to rest on his shoulder until I found an older colleague who has been like a big father to me. I was sharing his office accommodation with him.

Secondly, I rented a camera to do my lithography work, spent a lot of money on the camera but fail to work. This was a big disappointment for meat the beginning.

So without camera I still continued my work using what we call contact-to contact. If any job required camera at all cost, I took them outside to do at my friend’s place. I had to continue because since I’ve made up my mind I refused to go back.

Q: I hope you have a professional camera now?
A: With all the money I realized from jobs I handled, I was able to but my own professional cameras and other machines.

Q: How many people have you offered your services since you started?
A: I can’t count them. Majority of my clients are based outside Lagos. Some are in Warri and many part of the country. I have a lot of people that gave me jobs because they believed in my quality output. Even though they are printers they at times contract me to run an impression for them after completing the lithographic aspect. I have handle magazines, calendars etc. I have many clients since I launched out.

Q: Apart from the camera problem, what other problems have you come across in the cause of the business?
A: I had financial problem. Up till now some clients when they gave me jobs, they want me to prove myself before they pay advance. Being relative young then in business, I didn’t have the financial muscle to do all that. This had made me to lose some money.

Q: How then were you coping?
A: I was coping anyway. Some of my suppliers gave me some materials on credits. With their assistance, I was able to satisfy my clients, who refused to pay mobilization fee before the commencement of their jobs. Even If I need materials worth N100, 000.00 to do a job, I can source it on credit.

Q: What have been the comments of people whom you have rendered service to?
A: They are happy with the quality of my service. In fact, some of them requested for me to get a qualified person to be employed in their press as a result of their faith in my ability.

Q: Has any client complained of job before?
A: Yes, some complained that my price is too high. But I told them that I used superior materials to work in order not to compromise excellent output. Some clients don’t really bother. They will tell me to just do anyhow. But I insist on quality production to protect my image. I do tell such clients to take their jobs elsewhere.

Another problem is to cash my receivables. Some clients do give jobs and promise to pay after delivery. Many of them defaulted to my surprise. Today, when I receive a job I will demand for 75 per cent of the payment before I commence work and before they can carry the finishing work, I will collect my balance.

Q: Juliet S. Ventures is more than two decades now. What is your plan for the future?
A: I want to invest more money to buy sophisticated machine for my outfit to enhance my efficiency in the job. It will make me a better colour separator. I want to fortify myself in the graphic production aspect of printing by acquiring the necessary equipment.

Q: What are those things you can point to as your achievement since you started Juliet S. Ventures?
A: I have a lot of things to thank God for. I thank God today; my decision to go solo in 1995 has paid off. I deliver quality jobs to clients and within our long span; we have done and delivered to some organizations and persons. 

That I’m the CEO of this firm is today still baffles me. I thank God for this. As I earlier said, good camera (essentially in the job) can pose a serious problem. As today, I have procured more professional cameras and we are growing.

Before I started, I couldn’t boast of anything but today by grace of God I’ve attained financial independence.

Here were small but great. We are bigger and better than what we were at the beginning.

Q: What are the secret of your success?
A: It is commitment to quality and honesty. We try to satisfy our clients and make truth our watchword. We keep on our promises. In fact, this is one secrets of business success.

Q: Between 1995 to date, what is the growth rate of your clients?
A: Really, clients list has grown. Where ever I go to deliver jobs to my clients. I do meet prospects who eventually become my clients. Even some existing clients do direct new clients to us.

This is the story of a young Nigerian entrepreneur, who started up his business small but great. Today, he has the cause to thank God for the decision he took in 1995.

My advice for you is that, you can start something small today too and see it grow to become big tomorrow. “Don’t despise the little beginning”, so says the philosophical dictum.

Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Ways to Keep Your Website or Blog Content Fresh

3 Common Mistakes Bloggers Make ...And Why It Stops Them from Making Money

Writing: How To Focus With Your Dream