How My Short Story – The Pain of Mind Was Voted the Second Best of Thriller Fantasy Story in the Wildsoundfestival’s loglines

                                             Image result for writer images

#Writer’s Life

Many years ago, when I started my writing journey as a young boy, little did I know, that one day in the future, my writings would be appreciated by many readers within and outside my country. However, I came to the realization recently, that indeed, my writing has been appreciated. How?

As I was surfing the net early this year, I stumbled on this site – wildsoundfestival.com. What this group does is to; help writers to showcase their talents in the field of writing, by publicizing their literary works on the social media, especially on twitter.

Having known this fact, I had to send a copy of my short story -The Pains of Mind to them, to be published in the fiction category. For leaving a long-lasting impression in the minds of the readers, by thrilling them with a good story, they can’t help but continue to read, and vote for such story, until it becomes popular. Now guess what happened?

Few days ago, I received a mail from the group, notifying me that my short story has been voted as the second best thriller fantasy sci-fiction short story. Wow! You can check out the list for the fiction category on this link https://wildsoundfestivalreview.com/2017/12/04/2017-read-best-of-thriller-fantasy-sci-fi-short-story-loglines/ 

Not only that, I was also informed that they want to turn my short story into a film, so that people can watch it live, during next year’s film festival. In the foregoing, I was asked if I’m interested in taking up a role in the screenplay, that they are intended to shoot.

I must say that when I read the mail, I was particularly happy, because when I sent in the story, I didn’t know, that readers will like the story so much, to the extent of voting it the second best. That is the appreciation I’m talking about.

The Story
At the beginning of the story, the writer painted a picture of an unpleasant situation, where people are wallowing in poverty in Lagos State, one of the biggest cities in Nigeria.

Despite the odds, the people of Lagos were seen in the streets, smiling and went on with their normal daily activities, without showing any slightest sign of latitude towards inexorable pressures of frenetic life.

As the events in the story progresses revealed how an inordinate desire to get rich through rituals, can cause a pang of pains to a family. Here, Amaka, a loving wife of Mr. Dan Fredrick became a victim.

Dan is a lawyer-cum business tycoon, whose desire to be wealthy did not only lured him to become a powerful cult member, but also eventually, made him as accomplice, to the murder of his only son, Raymond, in cold blood.

Amaka met her husband when she was an Accounting student of the University of Lagos. Their relationship led to one thing and eventually they got married, amidst pumps and pageantry. The wedding was an elaborate one. I mean, Dan lavishly spent his money on the wedding.

Every young woman who got married to a wealthy husband, always have one thing at the back of her mind- to give birth to children and also have a blissful marriage. Being expectant, she tried all her best to be a good wife. Unfortunately, however, she came to realize that marriage is not the ‘beds of roses’.

Oddly enough, she didn’t know that her husband was a member of a secret cult, where rich and powerful men in the echelon of society belong to. Despite the fact that he so much loves his wife, but when his wife was pregnant, his attitude towards the wife changed suddenly. Why? It’s because he must sacrifice that child.

For him to maintain his stupendous wealth, of course, he must do that sacrifice, and the sacrifice requires mostly the love ones. Since there was nothing he could do practically to alter, or prevent this calamity, his son, Raymond invariably became a sacrificial lamb.

The boy was taken away from the school by the rituals members known already to his father, got killed and the lifeless body was wrapped up with a nylon; they dumped the body in the father’s house – precisely in the stores. Meanwhile, Dan concealed this dastardly act, by travelling out of the country, in the guise of going on the business trip. Obviously, he didn’t want to witness the flowing tears that will well-up in the cheek of his wife.

On the fateful day, Amaka didn’t have any premonition of what will befall her. She had gone to market to purchase some foodstuffs, in order to prepare food for his son. Coming back home, she saw stained of blood in the floor. She traced the blood to the stores, where his dead son was kept.

On sighting the lifeless body of his son, she slumped. When she recovered from her unconsciousness in the hospital, she was telling the staff nurses her pathetic story with excruciating ‘pains in her mind’.

I published this emotional story also on niume.com with the title: -The Pains of a Mother.

As I said earlier, I started writing when I was too young and inexperienced. I simply mean, I was not good in writing. But I didn’t stop there. I keep up firing on, by developing myself; practicing writing and writing day-in, day-out.

You too can start yours today. You don’t have to be a good writer before you start writing. Just start putting those streams of thoughts that come to you daily into paper and publish it. You can’t say exactly how, when or where your writings would be appreciated.

To your writing success!



Comments

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments here in this box.

Popular posts from this blog

7 Ways to Keep Your Website or Blog Content Fresh

3 Common Mistakes Bloggers Make ...And Why It Stops Them from Making Money

Writing: How To Focus With Your Dream