WRITING: THE PERSON THAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED

                                       
Welcome back to Kufre Ekpo’s blog!
 I'm hoping my blog post that I shared with  you last week have helped you  a bit to become a better, more successful writer. That excites me.
 
In the last post, I talked about four productivity strategies that have helped WRITERS to be successful and that have kept me (moderately) sane. My hope is that they'll do the same for you.
 
In today’s blog, I will be discussing on one person who has the greatest impact on your writing success, which is yourself. There is this popular quote that say -"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen." – Frank Lloyd Wright
 
It is against this philosophical dictum rightly put by Wright, lies in the fact that You are the sole engine of your writing success. You are the person who determines how far you'll go in this wonderful gig called freelancing. All your emotions come into play in your quest for success, but none is more important than this:
 
Belief in yourself!
Frank Lloyd Wright's quote says it better than I could. The thing you really believe in always happens.
 
I've seen this truth played out many times. When I meet someone in writing arenas, for instance, I can pretty quickly tell if this person is going to succeed. It has nothing to do with skills and knowledge … and everything to do with that sense of belief in self that shimmers through shyness and uncertainty.
 
You've made a commitment to be a Writer. You're determined to learn what you need to learn to succeed. Not just succeed and make money, but succeed and make a distinguish mark. It's inside you. That’s the determination, the drive, and above all the passion.
 
And concerning the self-doubt, there's not one successful person who doesn't confront self-doubt regularly.
 
Self-doubt as barrier … or as motivator
I’ve been a very successful seasoned Administrator before venturing into freelancing and copywriting. I knew I was good at what I did. And loved it. But at least once a week, I looked myself in the mirror and thought I was looking at a fraud.
 
I asked other successful people around me if they ever felt the same way. "All the time" was the typical answer. I've asked the same question of many people in other professions – including copywriters. They all acknowledge the same undercurrent of self-doubt.
 
Why doesn't this overwhelm them? Why shouldn't it overwhelm you when you feel it? The simple truth is -The strength of your belief in yourself is stronger. It has to be.
 
I'm convinced that the single biggest contributor to self-doubt for you as a writer is this: "It's not happening fast enough." Or, so you feel.
 
Certainly, the desire to succeed is powerful and necessary. But the desire to succeed too quickly can undermine your belief in yourself. You're not in a sprint when you became a freelancer. You're in for the long haul.
 
Believe in yourself. And I do, too.
 
Until then … I have a favour to ask. I'd love you to read and  make comments.  You can leave them here in the comment section. Let me know what you think.
 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments here in this box.

Popular posts from this blog

7 Ways to Keep Your Website or Blog Content Fresh

3 Common Mistakes Bloggers Make ...And Why It Stops Them from Making Money

Writing: How To Focus With Your Dream