How To create your secret weapon for writing success

#WritingWeapon
 
Writing has been instrumental in keeping history, dissemination of knowledge through the media and the formation of legal systems . It is also an important medium of expressing oneself by way of written words as do authors, poets and the like.
 
 By now, you would have understood the secret to standing out in realm of writing. And, you have a solid idea of your unique personality, your valuable skills and expertise, and your convictions.
Now is the time to put them all together so you have a full understanding of what makes you special.
 
When a prospective client comes to you, whether in person or online, you want to be able to tell them who you are and what you do. Having a summary of your unique strengths helps you do that!
You see, one of the things that make businesses special is their story and their personality. Much like everything we've been talking about writing.
 
Look at the company "Man Crates," for example. They ship to their customers a crate filled with random "manly" things that has to be opened with a crowbar. Talk about unique!
People buy them because the idea is funny, very specific, and has a boatload of personality. They are very clearly going after a specific market.
 
While writing isn't a physical product, you're essentially selling the experience of working with you. So, you want to have a really good idea of how awesome it is and why!
 
The best way to get started is to write down everything you've discovered over this past week in a notebook or on your computer. I like to write it as if someone's telling a story about me – it helps me see myself from the outside perspective.
 
It will feel funny going on and on about yourself, but I promise it will ultimately help you in the long run.
 
For example, here's a part of my summary:
 "Kufre-Abasi Ekpo is an energetic, motivated, and punctual person who always strives to help others achieve success. Through his acting experience, he knows how to get into his audience's mind and understand them inside and out. And while he's a bit quirky, he truly cares about helping others and making people smile."
 
Once you've finished writing your story, go back through and read it out loud. And pat yourself on the back, because you now know how you can stand out as a writer.
 
Essentially what you have is a boiled-down story of how great you are and why people should work with you. And, you can use it in many ways to boost your business.
I use my story to promote myself on my LinkedIn page, for confidence in reaching out to readers, and to understand the kinds of readers I'd be happy working with. This helps me stand out in my contents and ultimately have a more enjoyable and interesting blog posts.
 
You’re free to share part of your story in the comments box below. It doesn't have to be perfect – it's always evolving.
Ultimately, understanding your unique personality and strengths inside and out will help you succeed as a writer. You'll know exactly why clients should choose you and have an angle of attack to separate you from the competition … helping you finally realize your dreams and start down the path to living the writer's life.

 

Comments

  1. Such great information. thanks for sharing this nice information with us.
    Economics Dissertation Topics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kieran Holt, thanks immensely for finding time to read my posts. This gives me so much joy that my readers are appreciating me for the information I dished out to them on my blog. Your commendation is highly appreciated. Keep on reading my postsThanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please drop your comments here in this box.

Popular posts from this blog

7 Ways to Keep Your Website or Blog Content Fresh

3 Common Mistakes Bloggers Make ...And Why It Stops Them from Making Money

Writing: How To Focus With Your Dream